Sunday, July 14, 2019

Immeasurably More



Thank You, Lord, for getting us through another week! I don’t know about y’all but last week was a doozy! I do not have a clue what this next week brings but I know the One who has it under control and is able to do immeasurably more than I can imagine.

Ephesians 3:20a> “Now to Him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine…” (NIV Life Application Study Bible)

Those two words stopped me in my “thought” tracks, immeasurably more. As I read them again-and-again, they began to sink in. Merriam-Webster Dictionary describes immeasurably more as being “impossible to measure, very great in size or amount”. Y’all, we cannot begin to imagine what God can truly do! I am so limited in what I can do. Even on my very best days, I am still limited. The best doctors worldwide are limited in their capabilities, as well. Without God’s hand on us, we can do nothing in our own strength. Anything extraordinary that we can do is simply because of God Himself.

Now God, well, He’s a different story. Mainly because He is not like us. He's...well...GOD! He does immeasurably more than we can comprehend. We cannot come close to imagining everything He can do. Just when I think I have Him a little figured out, He does something that causes me to sit in awe and wonder. A very dear friend once said: “He just cracks me up!” I agree with her, as I’m guessing those reading this agree with her, too. I can never begin to imagine all that God can truly do. It’s immeasurable!

When we stand before Him one day, we will meet the One who did immeasurably more than we ever asked or imagined. The lives that have been changed, marriages and/or relationships restored, healing when doctors said it was risky and/or hopeless, and even the dread of Monday’s (yes, even that, too!) being replaced with anticipation. Thank goodness, we will have a new body. Because this earthly body with this earthly heart just would not be able to handle it!   

Are you or someone you love facing something difficult? Just remember that God “is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine”!

In awe of Him,
Vonda

No comments:

Post a Comment